Saturday, June 29, 2013

"Mount Garfield Reflection" Original Mount Garfield Colorado Landscape Painting by Colorado Artist Nancee Jean Busse

This painting depicts one of the most recognizable landmarks in Grand Junction, Colorado. When I first moved to Grand Junction from Illinois, I couldn’t find the appeal of the stark, stony cliffs that line the valley to the north. Soon, though, I realized that the light plays magic tricks with the neutral-colored stone and they become hauntingly beautiful as the sun rises and sets. Now I watch the Bookcliffs every evening with curiosity, to see where the shadows fall and what color the cliffs are.

Original Mount Garfield Colorado Landscape Painting

Acrylic on Linen, 24×36    SOLD

Visit http://NanceeJean.com to view more of my work

 

No comments:

Post a Comment