Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"Lilies on the Windowsill" Original Still Life Lily Painting by Colorado Artist Nancee Jean Busse

One of my paintings is featured in the July edition of American Art Collector Magazine!! http://www.americanartcollector.com/
They did an editorial on an upcoming show that 2 of my paintings were juried in to. The show, WAOWing the Centennial State is in Estes Park, CO, July 6-28. It's the 43rd Annual Exhibition of Women Artists of the West. "Lilies on the Windowsill" was the large image chosen for the editorial!



When I buy fresh flowers I place them into a clear vase of some kind and photograph them in a variety of settings. i love the way the stems look through the glass and water. I love to discover where the light refracts, and how the light streams through the delicate petals. When I looked at the photos of this arrangement, I was pleased to see all of the purples and magentas and how the light shafted through the bouquet in places. 

 Acrylic on Cradleboard, 18×24. 1300.00 To view more of my work, visit http://NanceeJean.com

No comments:

Post a Comment